Tuesday, March 2, 2010

My Little Heros

OK, so I am going to use this post to brag a little bit about my good kids.  No, they're not good all the time, but I sure am proud of them when they work hard and their efforts are noticed.
I am very happy that the big 3 have such good teachers at a new school this year.

Isaac tends to be a class clown, starving for attention and rather impulsive at times.  He just loves to be a cool kid and make people laugh. Despite his tendency to "lose points" every day and be easily distracted in his class, Isaac is just a smart kid.  I am thankful that his teacher has the patience and wisdom to see past his craziness and see his potential.  She nominated him this year to participate in the gifted and talented program at school and he was accepted.  If we can work on self-control and focus, I know that Isaac can have a lot of success and a lot of fun doing challenging work.

If you know Eliza at all, you know that she is the second Mommy in this house.  She is no different in her classroom at school.  She is so eager to help anyone that she can.  She does not get involved in the little girl "drama" that seems to have already taken over many little girls.  She is always helpful to her teachers and on the look out for the child who needs a little pat on the back.  Her school counselor started a program in January called Highland HERO.  They wanted to give an award to a boy and a girl from each class who exhibited "Honesty, Effort, Respect and Optimism."  Eliza was chosen to be the first Highland HERO from her class for January.  She just makes us smile and we thank God for the tender heart He has given her.

After having several conversations with the boys' teacher about Isaac throughout the year, I was very excited last week to get a call from her regarding Maddox.  This was a good thing.  She had chosen Maddox to be the Highland Hero for her class in February.  This is kept a secret from the students until the morning assembly on the day of the presentation.  Maddox notices who is "good" and who is "bad".  He takes notes of who is in trouble and which kids are always doing what is right.  Despite the bad attitude we see at home sometimes, I know that Maddox tries hard at school to do what is expected of him.  He knew this award day was coming and he really thought that he deserved it.  It was really a treat this morning to watch him accept his award at school and be named a Highland HERO.  Maddox is such an interesting study.  He goes from quiet to crazy, reserved to really angry all in a given day.  It will be so neat to see how God molds his little heart and mind.

So, thanks for sharing in my proud mommy moments for today.

2 comments:

  1. I also am the daughter of the King!! What a joy to see (our daughter) listening and heeding the voice of the King. Since I was a child my desire was to be a wife and mother, God granted me that wish and I am forever grateful. Now Gene and I get to step back and watch our children train their own little ones. Brandon,Monica and Jeremiah and Catherine, you are all doing a wonderful job!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I know you were just bursting about each of those special awards!!! I'm so happy for them and you!

    ReplyDelete